Chi tiết tin - Quảng Bình (Tiếng Anh)
The general offensive and uprising in spring 1975
On March 26, 1975, the Vietnamese People’s Army successfully smashed the enemy defense in Thua Thien-Hue, liberating the old capital.
On March 29, 1975, with a sudden and daring attack associated with a big-scale uprising o the Vietnamese people, Da Nang city, one of the two most powerful military bases of South Viet Nam was liberated; followed by the continuous fall of remaining defense systems of the enemy in the Central Coast and Southern Viet Nam provinces.
In early April 1975, together with liberating provinces in the Central Coast of Viet Nam, the Politburo o the Party Central Committee decided to attack islands in the Truong Sa (Spratly) Islands occupied by the puppet government army of Sai Gon.
First Secretary of the Party Central Committee Le Duan chairing the Meeting of the expanded Politburo that decided to launch the General Offensive and Uprising to liberate South Viet Nam (December 13, 1974-January 8, 1975).
General Vo Nguyen Giap and the Central Military Commission discussing combat plans and deployment of the forces.
On October 9, 1974, the Standing Committee of the Central Military Commission discussing the military mission for the Spring 1975 Campaign, thereby implementing the first step in the strategic combat plan. The Committee decided to attack the Southern part of the Central Highlands, in which the main target was Buon Ma Thuot.
The on-duty team of the General Staff of the Spring 1975 General Offensive including: General Vo Nguyen Giap, major General Cao Van Khanh and Colonel Le Huu Duc.
Source: "Commander-in-chief General Vo Nguyen Giap" Book
- A strategic military transportation road (28/10/2013)
- The war against the US and the South Vietnam puppet government, liberating South Vietnam (28/10/2013)
- The resistance against the American war of destruction (28/10/2013)
- Building the Vietnamese armed forces (25/10/2013)
- The anti-American resistance and the Spring of the complete victory 1975 (23/10/2013)
- Complete liberation for North Vietnam (23/10/2013)
- The Dien Bien Phu Campaign (22/10/2013)
- The strategic 1953-1954 Winter-Spring Campaign (25/10/2013)
- The Bien Gioi (Border) Campaign 1950 (27/10/2013)
- The first General of Vietnamese People's Army (27/10/2013)