Chi tiết tin - Quảng Bình (Tiếng Anh)
Socio-economic situation in 2015
I. OVERAL EVALUATION
1. General evaluation
2015 is the year of great significance because this is the last year for implementing the social-economic development five-year plan 2011-2015. With the well-timed direction of the provincial Party Committee, People’s Council and People’s Committee and the great efforts made by all levels, sectors, enterprises and people, the provincial socio-economic situation in 2015 has remained stability and obtained remarkable results in all fields.
2. Results implementing some main indiccators
a. Economic targets:
- GRDP growth rate achieved 6.7% (the plan: 7.5% and last year' same period: 6.2%);
- Agriculture, forestry and fishery production value rose 4% (the plan: 3.5% and the same period last year: 3.5%);
- Industrial production value grew 10.1% (the plan rose 10%, last year' same period rose 10%);
- Value of service sector rose 8.1% (the plan up 9%; last year' same period 8.7%);
- Economic structure: Agriculture - forestry - fishery accounted for 24.6%; industry – construction 24.8%; service 50.6%;
- Food production reached 29.800 tons, decreased by 0.3% from the same period last year, surged 6.5% of the plan (the plan: 28,000 tons, the last year' same period 29.900 tons);
- Budget revenues was estimated at 2,650 billion VND, reached 106% of local estimate (the yearly estimate 2,500 billion VND, the last year's same period 2,360 billion VND);
- GRDP per capita reached 28 million VND (the plan: VND28 million).
b. Social targets
- Providing jobs for 3,230 laborers, reached 100.9% of the plan, equaled to 96.7% against the same period (the yearly plan 3.200 laborers, the same period 3.330 laborers);
- Rate of poor households reduced by 3% in comparison with 2014 (the plan reduced by 3-3.5%);
- Rate of communes, wards and townships reached national standards on health: 80.5% (the plan 80.5%);
- Rate of malnourished children under five years old fell 1.0% compared to that in 2014 (the plan fell 1.0%);
- Rate of communes, wards and townships met secondary compulsory education: 100% (the plan 100%);
- Rate of trained laborers reached 60%, of which vocational trained laborers reached 36% (the plan 60%, of which vocational trained laborers 36%).
c. Environmental targets
- Rate of urban population using fresh water reached 96% (the plan 95%);
- Rate of rural population using hygienic water reached 84.3% (the plan: 83%);
- Rate of forest cover reached 68% (the plan: 68%).
II. RESULTS OBTAINED IN ALL FIELDS
1. Agriculture, forestry and fishery
Production value of of agriculture, forestry and fishery was estimated to reach VND7,368.8 billion, increased by 4% against the same period last year, reached 114.2% of the plan. Of which, agricultural production value reached VND4,740 billion, increased by 3.6%; forestry production value reached VND512.1 billion, equaled 89.2%; fishery production value reached VND2,116.6 billion, increased by 9.2% against the year of 2014.
- Cultivation: The total area under cultivation was estimated to reach 85,544 hectares, equaled 99.9%. The food production reached 29.8 thousand tons, equaled 99.7% against the same period last year, reached 106.5% of the plan. Of which, rice production reached 274,880 tons, equaled 99.1% from the same period last year; other crop production reached 23,458 tons, increased by 8.3% from the same period last year.
Perennial plants: The total cultivated area for perential plants was estimated to reach 24,031 hectares, increased by 4.2% from last year’ same period, of which rubber area reached 18,801 hectares; pepper area 815.4 ha. Production of some prerential plants: rubber 5,300 tons, increased by 47.3%; pepper 530 tons, rose 4.1% from the same period last year.
- Animal husbandry: As of late 2015, the province's flock of buffalos had 35,370 heads, a rise of 1.3% compared to the same period last year; flock of oxen had 90,856 heads, up 1.8%; flock of pigs had 362,490 heads, up 1.1%; flock of fowls had 2.74 million heads, up 3.9 %. The output of delivered live-weight meat reached 65,711 tons, rose by 5.7% from the same period last year, raising the density of breeding up to 45.5% in total agricultural production value.
Forestry: Estimated wood production reached 200,000 m3, equaled 78.5%; colophony production reached 1,500 tons, equal to 55.6% from the same period last year.
Fishery: Estimated fishing production was estimated to achieve 69,400 tons, grew by 7.5% from 2014’s same period, up 21.7% of the plan. The total area of exploitation was estimated at 57,591.7 tons, up 8.0% compared to the same period last year. Total area of aquaculture was 5,020.6 hectares, a rise of 1% from the same period last year, the production of aquaculture was estimated to reach 11,808.3 tons, increased by 5.2% compared to the same period last year.
Industrial Production Indexes (IIP) was estimated to grow by 9.8% from 2014, higher than 2013’s increase of 5.9% and 2014’s increase of 7.6%. Of which the mining and quarrying went up by 6.5%; the manufacturing rose 10.6%; the power generation and supply grew by 11.4%.
In 2015, industrial production value grew by 10.1%, reached 101% of the plan (the last year's same period up 10%), industrial production indexes was estimated to grow by 9.2%. The processing and manufacturing went up by 10.1%; the power generation and supply grew by 5.3%; the water supply and waste treatment rose 5%; the mining decreased by 1.9%.
Retail sales of consumer goods and services
Total estimated retail sales of consumer goods and services in 2015 reached 18,324 million dongs, up 9.5% compared to the previous year, reached 95.8% of the plan. By kinds of economic activity, retail sales of goods gained 15,651 million dongs, up 8.5%; sales of accommodation and catering services attained 1,931 million dongs, up 19%; other services reached 743 trillion dongs, up 8.7% compared to 2014.
Export and Import
Total estimated export turnovers in 2015 was US$ 104.2 million, reached 69.4% of the plan and decreased by 27.2% over the same period last year.
Total estimated import turnovers in 2015 was US$ 115.4 million, reached 115.4% of the plan and grew by 4.7% over the previous year. Main import goods were woods, materials for new medical production, porcelain, buffaloes, oil and petrol.
In 2015, estimated number of visitors to Quang Binh reached 2.862 million arrivals, uo 3.9% compared to the same period last year, of which international visitors reached 46.9 thousand arrivals, up 8.7% from the last year's same period.
Revenues from hotels, restaurants and tourism reached 1,930.8 billion dong, rose by 19%, of which revenues from travel tourism reached 179.1 billion dong, a rise of 89.4% compared to the same period last year.
Market price: Consumer Price Index in 2015 went up to 1.5% compared to 2014.
Transport: Revenues from transport was estimated to reach 2,436.8 billion dong, a rise of 7.6% from the same period last year.
4. Development investment
Estimated realized social investment capital in 2015 at current prices was estimated to reach 10,133 billion dongs, went up by 19.4% over the same period last year; rate of reimbursement by the end of 2015 was an estimation of 90%.
5. Budget revenues and expenditures
Budget revenues: Total estimated budget revenues in 2015 was estimated to achieve 2,650 million dongs, equaled 106% of the local estimate, went up to 12.3% over the same period last year.
Budget expenditures: Total local expenditures reached an estimate of 7,360 million dongs, equaled 108.6% of the yearly estimate.
Credit: Estimasted in the end of 2015, total source of mobilized capital reached 23,500 billion, increased by 15.1% from the beginning of the year, total outstanding debts reached 27,000 billion, a rise of 17.8% from the early year.
6. Foreign affairs and investment promotion
Foreign affairs: Paid attention to boost friendly and cooperative relations with Khammouane and Savanakhet and neighbouring countries of Laos and Northeastern region of Thailand.
In 2015, there were 113 out-delegations with 543 people for attending the conferences, improving knowledge and sharing experience, and 117 in-delegations with 827 foreign people for visiting, working and meeting in Quang Binh.
ODA projects: In 2015, the province actively worked with the Central agencies and international organizations to take advantage of capital for transition projects and new projects such as WB, ADB, IFAD, JICA; ODA from South Korea, Hungary and Denmark. The total reimbursed capital of ODA projects was VND 459 billion, of which ODA capital was VND 414 billion, corresponding capital was VND 45 billion.
NGO projects: In 2015, the province mobilized the implementation of 19 NGO programes and projects with a total committed investment of USD 5.6 million. The projects aimed at solving social affairs, education and training, judicial assistance, helping people eleminate hunger and reduce poverty, improving ecological environment, contributing to socio-economic development of the province.
Invesment promotion: Focused on speeding up promotion and attraction of investment in the province and directly worked with investors from German, India, Russia, Sweden, Czech and South Korea. Especially, the province coordinated with the Vietnam Commercial Joint-stock Bank for Investment and Development (BIDV) to successfully organize the 1st conference on investment promotion of Quang Binh province. At the conference, the Provincial People's Committee issued Certificate of Investment to 9 projects with a total investment of about VND15,000 billion. BIDV also signed capital agreements for 4 projects with a total investment of VND 11,000 billion of the Garment and Textile Corporation, Truong Thinh Corporation and FLC Group.
7. Registration of business
In 2015, the province had 560 enterprises registered for new establishment with a total registered capital of 2,675 million dongs, an increase of 37.9% in the number of businesses against the same period last year, raising the number of enterprises for registration up to 4,274 enterprises with total registered capital of 22,200 billion dongs.
8. Education and training
In the 2014-2015 academic year, the province had 613 schools and educational establishments, including 179 kindergartens, 210 primary schools and center for disabled children, 148 lower secondary schools, 17 primary and lower secondary schools, and 27 upper secondary schools.
The rate of upper secondary school graduate pupils reached 93.7%; the rate of high-school continuing education graduate pupils reached 80.22%.
The people's healthcare was concerned; quality of examination and treatment was improved; prevention from epidemic diseases was strengthened with effective measures.
The province had 159/159 of communes, wards and townlets having medical station, reached 100%; 159/159 medical stations having doctors, reached 100%; 100% medical stations having essential medicines for treatment and examination.
10. Cuture and Sport
In 2015, the province successfully organized a series of cultural activities to celebrate the Quang Binh Television Festival 2015.
In high-performance sports: in 2015, the province gained 159 medals, of which 53 gold medals, 44 silver medals and 62 bronze medals.
11. Labor and employment: In 2015, the province provided stable jobs for 3.230 laborers, reached 101% of the plan, of which, creating new jobs for 10,840 laborers (reached 100% of the yearly plan), and bringing 2,366 laborers to work abroad, reached 100.68% of yearly plan.
12. Social security: The province distributed more than 3,390 tons of rice from the Government and other sponsors to assist poor people during the Tet holiday and between-crop period; visited and presented over 41.707 gifts, worth VND 9,373,850,000 to poor households, children and difficult families.
13. Poverty alleviation: in 2015, speeding up the implementation of the Plan on poverty alleviation in the 2013-2015 period, directing to check number of poor households and near-poor households; organizing training courses on technical assistance to improve knowledge for poor households; implementing programs on poverty alleviation, bringing rate of poor households to reduce by 4.93% by the end of 2015; timley solving policies and taking care of welfare activities to improve the spiritual and material life for wounded soldiers, sick soldiers, and martyrs' families.
By Nhu Y
(Source: Report No.275/BC-UBND dated December 3, 2015)
- Socio-economic situation in third quarter and nine months of 2015 (15/10/2015)
- Socio-economic situation in the six beginning months of 2015 (29/07/2015)
- Socio-economic situation in first half of 2014 (05/09/2014)
- Social and economic situation in the first quarter of 2014 (05/09/2014)
- Socio-economic situation in 2013 (05/09/2014)
- Socio- economic statistics in the first half of 2013 (05/09/2014)
- Socio-economic situation in 1st quarter of 2013 (05/09/2014)
- Socio-economic situation in 2012 (05/09/2014)
- Socio-economic situation in the first nine months of 2012 (05/09/2014)
- Socio-economic situation in the first half of 2012 (05/09/2014)