Chi tiết tin - Quảng Bình (Tiếng Anh)
After the spring 1975 offensive
General Vo Nguyen Giap wrote about the Spring 1975 Offensive: "The strategic combat in the Spring 1975 marked a new glorious development in the art of people"s war under modern conditions especially in the art of controlling war in its finishing stage, and the art of organizing and guiding the implementation of key, decisive battles to take the resistance to complete victory".
Regarding Vo Nguyen Giap's role in the Viet Nam Revolution Peter McDonald has written: Vo Nguyen Giap was Commander-in-chief for 30 years and was involved in political decision-making at the highest level for nearly 50 years. This commitment is unprecedented. Moreover, it is impossible to compare him to other generals, since the combination between guerilla and regular warfare on such a scale was extraordinary (from Victory in Viet Nam).
General Vo Nguyen Giap (right) and General Van Tien Dung (left) meet in Sai Gon (present-day Ho Chi Minh city) after the victory.
Source: "Commander-in-chief General Vo Nguyen Giap" Book
- The Ho Chi Minh Campaign (21/10/2013)
- The general offensive and uprising in spring 1975 (21/10/2013)
- A strategic military transportation road (28/10/2013)
- The war against the US and the South Vietnam puppet government, liberating South Vietnam (28/10/2013)
- The resistance against the American war of destruction (28/10/2013)
- Building the Vietnamese armed forces (25/10/2013)
- The anti-American resistance and the Spring of the complete victory 1975 (23/10/2013)
- Complete liberation for North Vietnam (23/10/2013)
- The Dien Bien Phu Campaign (22/10/2013)
- The strategic 1953-1954 Winter-Spring Campaign (25/10/2013)